How To Apply
Review the various CTF opportunities and prioritize your choices. You will be required to choose a first choice placement and have the option of ranking additional placements if you are interested in pursuing a placement at more than one college/university.
Failure to adhere to the instructions for completing each section of the application outlined below will result in your application not being considered. Do not exceed the word count.
Completing the Online Application Sections
The list of mentoring or teaching experiences must include dates, location, subject, and hours per week.
The 150-200 word statement of interest must include:
• Your career goals following the completion of your education and training, and how you plan to include teaching
• Your motivation for participating in this program
• Your insight into what you will do to be an effective teacher, based on your experience as a student
• If you have had teaching experience, discuss what you have learned about being an effective teacher
Submitted Resumes or CVs must be sent as Adobe PDF or MS Word files.
All required text must be entered within the online application. No supplemental material will be accepted.
Principal Investigator (PI) Discussion and Signed MOA
With the exception of a teaching appointment at BUGSS, you must discuss the specific opportunities that you are interested in with your PI/Research Advisor. If you are offered a Fellowship, your Advisor must sign the MOA and indicate the opportunities for which they support your partcipation. If you are a graduate student, your Program Director or Thesis Mentor should also approve of your participation.
Click here to download the required MOA form.
Applications are reviewed based on:
• Career goals
• Motivation for participating in the program
• Insight into effective teaching
• Previous teaching training and experience
Finalists will be notified around mid-July and asked for any necessary verification of employability. Interviews will likely be arranged between mid-July to mid-August. Selected Teaching Fellows are typically notified as colleges/universities share their decisions starting in mid-August.