The mission of the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation (CTEI) is to advance teaching excellence and innovation in support of Johns Hopkins University’s mission to educate its students and cultivate their capacity for lifelong learning.
The CTEI is located in the Garrett Room of the Milton S. Eisenhower Library on the Homewood campus of Johns Hopkins University.
The CTEI provides a variety of programs and services for faculty, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows including training and consultations on teaching resources, instructional technology and tools, and educational innovations. CTEI staff members consult with instructors to discuss course enhancements, manage the Technology Fellowship program, and collaborate with faculty on grant projects. CTEI also manages the University’s Teaching Academy. To request a consultation with a CTEI staff member or to get more information about our services, please email email@example.com or call 410-516-7181.
The CTEI partners with and has received support from organizations internal to Johns Hopkins as well as external foundations and institutes. Our partners are highly valued and without their support it would be impossible to carry out our mission.
- Johns Hopkins University Provost’s Gateway Science Initiative
- Johns Hopkins University Provost’s Ph.D. Innovation Initiative
- The Sheridan Society
- Christopher Hoehn-Saric and The Smart Family Foundation
- National Science Foundation
- Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning
- Arthur Vining Davis Foundations
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- The Mellon Foundation
- Hewlett Packard