Learn more about the instructional tools and technologies supported by the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation.
- Post your syllabus
- Create online quizzes and assignments
- Manage grades online
- Auto upload Zoom recordings to Panopto in your Canvas course
- Enables easy audio/video/screen capture
- Provides sharing, embedding and streaming of video lectures
- Grade faster and more consistently
- Provides robust feedback for students and their performance
- Upload scanned paper-based assignments/exams or create online assignments for grading
- Set up auto-grading scripts for programming assignments
- Live video conferencing, desktop sharing, presentations, and webinars.
- Capability to record meetings.
- Collaboration tools such as chat, co-screen sharing, and co-annotation.
- Store, upload, download, and share files
- Share with people both inside and outside of JHU
In-class polling allow students to participate actively in class and can be especially effective in large lecture classes where other methods for gathering student feedback are less efficient.
- Share answers to student questions with the class
- Student driven conversations
- Students can share openly or send anonymous question
- Instructors can check out cameras, and more
- Use the Multimedia Lab/Studio (audio, video, workstations and professional software)
- Hold discussions and chat with others
- Work collaboratively on documents
- Share links and files
- Scans student papers for plagiarism
- Integrates with Canvas
- Facilitates Grademark, Peermark, and iPad grading.
- Overview of Respondus Remote Proctoring Tools
- Instructions to faculty for activiting and using Respondus tools in Canvas
- instructions and guidelines for students requires to use Respondus Tools
- Create and share interactive multimedia slideshows
- Highlight and annotate a presentation
- Video and audio annotations
ArchivedThe following are initiatives that have been discontinued and no longer updated.
- Canvas is now our official Learning Management System
(this tool has been retired and no longer supported)
A web application for annotating content using images, audio, and video resources to illustrate visual relationships.
This tool has been retired and is no longer supported